Spaghetti Squash Pasta Recipe: A delicious and nutrient-rich alternative to traditional pasta!
Looking to cut down on carbs without sacrificing flavor? Try this spaghetti squash pasta with ground turkey bolognese sauce recipe. This dish tastes just as good as regular pasta but with far less calories and substantially more nutrients. A healthy alternative to traditional pasta! (Makes about 5 servings)
• Heat olive oil up in a skillet and add one chopped shallot. Then add in 1lb lean ground turkey meat and cook meat fully.
• Pour one jar of Newman’s Own Cabernet Marinara sauce into a pot (heat stovetop to medium heat), then stir in one large can of tomato puree. Also chop up 1 to 2 whole, fresh tomatoes and add into the sauce.
• Finely chop 2 garlic gloves and add to sauce. Chop up 4 large, whole mushrooms and add to sauce.
• Also add: 1 tablespoon of organic sugar, 1 teaspoon of rosemary, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
• If you like things spicy, you may add one habanero pepper (finely chopped).
Let this simmer for at least 2 hours.
• 45 minutes before you are ready to eat, cut a whole spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise) and scrape out the seeds and pulp. You will get an arm workout cutting the squash! Be careful with the knife here!
• Place the pieces rind up onto a baking sheet with a touch of water on the bottom of the pan (you may also add in a little olive oil or Pam spray to the pan). Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and section out the strands of “pasta” from the squash and into your bowls.
• Top with your sauce. Add freshly chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese on top.