One arm push ups on a medicine ball pack a powerful punch!
This is a variation on your traditional push up that we are a HUGE fan of. There are so many ways to utilize medicine balls in your workouts and the one-armed push up is another great method.
Push ups with one hand on a medicine ball work your chest, shoulders, and triceps. It’s also a great core exercise.
- Get into a pushup position, but place one hand on a medicine ball instead of the floor.
- Keep your core tight and controlled.
- Your body should form a straight line (think plank here).
- Lower your body as close to the floor as you can.
- Pause at the bottom, and then push yourself back to the starting position quickly (press your hand into the ball)
- Do 10-12 push ups with your right hand on the ball then switch the ball to your left hand and do 10-12 on that side. Complete 3 sets.
*A modification for this exercise is to lower to the knees.
Feel the burn!