It’s January and that means New Year’s resolutions are in full effect! Many of us have resolutions to become healthier and fit. To help stay on track for the whole year rather than just the gung ho kick off in January, create an inspiration board that is all YOU! Every time you look at it you will be reminded of your goals and that a lot of small changes add up to big changes. This is my inspiration board.
Here are some easy tips for designing yours:
- Look through magazines and online for images, quotes and power words that speak to you
- Don’t make your board too wordy and busy, aim to keep it crisp and clean so that every time you look at it the messages are crystal clear and easily identified
- Place your board in a spot where you will see it often without having to go digging it out (i.e., on your refrigerator door, in a frame on your coffee table, over your kitchen sink or in your workout area at home)
- If you use Pinterest or other similar online pinning sites, you can create your board there, save it as a PDF and then print it out to place it in your “go to” spot around the house.
- A cork board can be used to tack images to; the advantage to this is that you can constantly be adding new inspirations to your board. Or stick to the basics and all you need is a sheet of paper and some tape or glue stick, and scissors!
Get creative with it and make it meaningful to YOU; because YOU are the one who will be making daily choices that help you stay on track with your resolutions. Have fun with it and stay motivated…pretty soon you’ll be adding a photo of yourself looking smoking hot in your bikini onto that inspiration board!