Traveling can sometimes create obstacles in our fitness routines. Whether you’re on the road for work or vacation, here is a 45 minute full-body workout that you can do in your hotel room, or in the hotel gym. This workout requires no equipment. Just be sure to lay down a clean towel in place of an exercise mat. Use your phone to set your timer for the 60 seconds on/30 seconds rest. Now, go get your workout in prior to hitting up the hotel’s happy hour!
Warm up for 5 mins (butt kicks, jumping jacks, jog in place or around your hotel room)
Circuit A: perform each exercise for a total of 60 seconds, with 30 secs rest in between. Repeat entire circuit 2 times.
- Plank, while planking tap your right foot out to the side and then back to center, then do the same with your left foot., keep alternating at a fast pace
- Burpees (you know you love em!)
- Wall sit (back against a wall, squat down and hold)
- Russian ab twists
- Mountain climbers
Circuit B: perform each exercise for a total of 60 seconds, with 30 secs rest in between. Repeat entire circuit 2 times.
- Push ups (do as many as you can and then drop to do them on your knees)
- Glute kick ups
- Side plank dips
- Jump squats
- Flutter kicks
Finish with 5-8 minutes of stretching.
There are endless options when shopping in the grocery store produce section. It helps to make educated decisions on our fruits and veggies! Grapefruit are one of the fruits that should be eaten daily. Here are some tidbits about this super fruit:
- Eating half a grapefruit before each meal may help you lose weight; a compound in grapefruit helps regulate insulin, a fat-storage hormone
- Grapefruit is rich in dietary fiber, as well as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium
- Very low in calories
Section out grapefruit and add to salads or eat as is with a sprinkle of sugar on top!